Sunday, June 11, 2006

Amherst Spirit


I love bowlers, always have. I like to hold eggs and marbles too, but that's a different story. I've had the purple bowler since late high school. I don't wear it much anymore because it doesn't have an internal band and wool is getting progressively harder for me to wear. When I graduated from college I received a framed print of the school from a gentleman who had given me a scholarship wrapped in this two tone ribbon. The ribbon had been cut to make the bow, so reusing it was tricky. I'd seen rosettes in some historical hat books so gave it a shot. This hat has already been on display when I was doing visual merchandising last year. I put up a bunch of my hats for "Ideas for Ribbon." Unfortunately people wanted to buy the hats. I can't sell what I try to sell, and yet people always ask for the things I don't want to sell. Go figure.

No comments: