Thursday, June 08, 2006

Butterfly


I love this hat, although it's another one that I didn't keep. It's an upside down plastic bowl that I bought at a dollar store, a straw hat that I bought at a craft store and two wire frame, mesh butterfly's that I bought at a different dollar store. I've posted two views of it so you can get a sense of it's size. It also had the advantage that it looked great from all angles and could be worn front to back or back to front. I just kept manipulating the wire armature until I got what I wanted. I'm told that wearing the plastic bowl was a little uncomfortable and it slipped around a bit, but it always got a good response. The actors only had to wear each hat for a bout a minute and a half. The director had the dressers put the hats on in roughly rising arc, smallest to largest through the course of the hat parade.

I missed a day again because I didn't get home until 11 pm last night. I posted pics. of Hyde in hats at Mesmerized the night before so, that sort of counts.

1 comment:

musingwoman said...

I really like this one! It would have looked stunning on Audrey Hepburn.